Guidelines and checklist:
Accepted Formats : Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, QuarkXPress, Indesign
Unacceptable formats: Microsoft Publisher/Word/PowerPoint or Adobe PageMaker (must be converted to InDesign)
Bleed: 1/16 bleed is required when the art extends beyond the printed area/crop marks/die line.
Fonts: It’s helpful if all text in final artwork is submitted with fonts outlined (converted to curves or paths). BE SURE ARTWORK IS CORRECT AS EDITING OF TEXT WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE WITH OUTLINED FONTS. If artwork is submitted with fonts, all screen and printer fonts need to be included when file is sent. Providing fonts will ensure we can make any changes to your text if necessary.
Scans / Placed Artwork : Minimum resolution of 300 dpi at actual printed size. All images should be CMYK format. Placed images should be single subject, i.e., do not place image in Illustrator, then place the Illustrator file in QuarkXpress. Keep design in original program.
Color Matching: A PMS color number must be specified for us to match. If you have created a custom color, please send the CMYK color build. (Note: we use current editions of the Pantone Color Book for color matching. Please indicate the date of the Pantone Color Book you are using. Pantone colors will be printed in CMYK equivalent for 4-color process orders. PMS/process color charts printed on our press are available upon request.
We cannot match RGB color builds or guarantee custom color builds to match the color you see on your monitor.
1. Is artwork in acceptable format?
2. Did you include all the images used to create your artwork? (linked, placed, or scanned)
3. Are all the images saved in CMYK format?
4. Has all the text been outlined (converted to curves) or have all screen and printer fonts been included?
5. Has adequate bleed of 1/16″ (0.0625″) been provided (if there are bleeds).
6. Is the artwork correctly sized for the die?
7. Is text and critical artwork inset/border a minimum of 1/16″ (0.0625″) from the label edge?
8. Are color matching targets included?